: EnglishShort Description
: The business world is undergoing dramatic change that is driven by tough new legislation, expanded market based incentives and increased consumer awareness of environmental issues (e.g., hazard ingredients in products, alternative energy, reduction in greenhouse gases). This is forcing companies to reassess the life cycle of their products and the efficiency of their supply chains. Environmental issues are becoming business critical. This Green Management course provides the vital information, backed by case studies and examples, that gives progressive business leaders the strategic know-how to pro-actively manage environmental issues and realize the business benefits of going green.
Smart business understands that their competitive advantage lies at the cutting-edge of the green shift. This Green Management course presents a complete suite of problems, scenarios, innovations and solutions that are rapidly becoming business-critical. You don't need to be an executive to benefit. You don't need to be an environmental activist to change. You just need to care deeply about the long-term success of your company.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define the core elements of green strategic planning
• Identify environmental management systems
• Define the fundamentals of eco-design and green marketing
• Identify alternatives to petroleum
• Identify strategies for nurturing a green-minded and innovative workforceInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Green Management course, students will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Green Management Associate (CGMA). Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Good to Green by John-David Phyper & Paul MacLean