: The Green Business and Sustainability certification course helps prepare students to meet the growing challenges and opportunities of our environmentally conscious business environment.
The world is changing in response to increasing social and marketplace forces that reward companies that consider the environmental impact of their business operations, and products and services. Students who complete our sustainability professional certification course will have a firm grasp on the green business principles and practices and how they add value to a company.
Over the course of your certification training you will learn how to:
• Recognize the business, marketplace and societal drivers that are encouraging companies to become more environmentally responsible
• Recognize opportunities and challenges that companies face when they seek to “go green”
• Create an Action Plan with key steps (actions and activities) needed to move a company down a green business path
• Identify the various tools and practices that can help a company continuously improve its greening efforts
• Create a company culture that supports green business goals
• Understand what success looks like when a company becomes completely “green”
Benefits of the Green Business Certification Program:
• The program is being developed by industry practitioners who have successfully worked on strategy for environmental responsibility, green business practices and implementation for hundreds of organizations.
• The focus of the program is on preparing students to be green business professionals within companies or public agencies
• It also provides students with a practical understanding and working knowledge of an emerging field that is in high demand worldwide
Module 1: Green Business Overview:
This module provides an overview of the essential concepts and frameworks needed to be a practicing green business professional including: definitions and significant aspects ofInstructor Description
: Chelsi Tryon grew up in the City of Angels in California and now reside in the City of sun in Phoenix, AZ. She has been involved in Sustainability for over 5 years, and worked in a variety of settings including higher education, private industry, governmental, and research institutions. Chelsi has a bachelor’s in Business with a concentration in Sustainability, and a master’s in Sustainable Solutions from Arizona State University. She enjoys exploring the outdoors and hopes through her teaching that she will help influence others to find the beauty in our one and only planet.
The following e-books will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Truth About Green Business
• Strategies For The Green Economy
• The Triple Bottom Line: Does It All Add Up?
Students will receive the textbook:
•The Big Pivot; Radically Practical Strategies for a Hotter, Scarcer, and More Open World by Andrew Winston